To support health and fitness of all ages through recreational running.

 

 

looking for a running partner or joining a group

  • Thu, May 26, 2011 8:30 AM
    Message # 602103
    Deleted user
    Hello runners I just recently joined the Landrunners and I was hoping to find either a running partner/partners or maybe joining a running group if there are any out there. I live in Midwest City so I can commute to just about anywhere near the metro. If anyone is interested just let me know. I would like change up my routine instead of running by myself all the time that's one of the main reason I joined the club. I hope to run with a partner or group maybe once a week. Happy running everyone.

    Nick

  • Thu, June 09, 2011 5:21 PM
    Reply # 617205 on 602103
    Deleted user
    Nicholas Longoria wrote:Hello runners I just recently joined the Landrunners and I was hoping to find either a running partner/partners or maybe joining a running group if there are any out there. I live in Midwest City so I can commute to just about anywhere near the metro. If anyone is interested just let me know. I would like change up my routine instead of running by myself all the time that's one of the main reason I joined the club. I hope to run with a partner or group maybe once a week. Happy running everyone.

    Nick

    I also just joined and am looking for a running partner/group. I'm not a terribly fast runner (9:30/10:00 min mi), but I am going to start training for my first half in a couple of weeks and would like some people to run with. Let me know if anyone is interested!
  • Sat, June 11, 2011 12:04 PM
    Reply # 618845 on 602103
    Deleted user
    I live in Midwest City and would love to find some one to run with as well.  I'm on the slow side though.  I generally run 5 - 8 miles and I keep about an 11min/mile pace.  I would like to work on getting my speed up though.  Running with someone a bit faster might help that.
    Last modified: Sat, June 11, 2011 12:25 PM | Deleted user
  • Sat, June 25, 2011 1:06 PM
    Reply # 630345 on 602103
    Deleted user
       We have a few group runs every week, and marathon training starts up again on Saturday, July 30th at around 6-7 a.m. I don't see an exact time listed yet. The best way to keep informed is to click on the training button to the left of your screen, select training calendar and sign up to receive the weekly training e-mails. I also recommend you join the landrunner group on facebook and start making some landrunner friends there. There's a group running tomorrow, June 26th at the Nichols Hills plaza at 5:30 a.m. They usually meet at 6 a.m. on Saturdays when there is no race, I believe. Another group meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at Stars and Stripes park at 5 a.m. We are also doing speed-work Tuesday nights at the Chesapeake boathouse at 6:30 p.m. I know there are lots of other things going on, so get on facebook, come out to some races on the weekends, or come to the monthly landrunner meeting and meet some people and you'll find a group to run with in no time.
  • Tue, July 12, 2011 5:41 PM
    Reply # 651715 on 602103
    Nicholas Longoria wrote:Hello runners I just recently joined the Landrunners and I was hoping to find either a running partner/partners or maybe joining a running group if there are any out there. I live in Midwest City so I can commute to just about anywhere near the metro. If anyone is interested just let me know. I would like change up my routine instead of running by myself all the time that's one of the main reason I joined the club. I hope to run with a partner or group maybe once a week. Happy running everyone.

    Nick


    Hey Nick, I live in MWC.  Some of us are going to run at Regional Park this Thursday the 14th @ 6:30 then listen to concert at park.  We will get a picnic table close by the snow cone stand and grill some dogs and have drinks after running.  So just bring a beverage and join us.   Also, on Tuesday we sometimes run the river trails.  Friend me on FB dspryrunner and I'll send you training events.
  • Tue, July 12, 2011 5:48 PM
    Reply # 651720 on 618845
    Erin Morales wrote:I live in Midwest City and would love to find some one to run with as well.  I'm on the slow side though.  I generally run 5 - 8 miles and I keep about an 11min/mile pace.  I would like to work on getting my speed up though.  Running with someone a bit faster might help that.

    Join me Thursday @ Regional 6:30.  I run an average 10 min. pace have done 9:30 for short distances.  Meet by the snowcone stand but I park by the back path or the baseball field when they have concerts.  Yeah, another MWC gal. 
  • Tue, November 01, 2011 1:36 AM
    Reply # 738915 on 602103
    Deleted user
         I'm new to running and, of course, new to Landrunners. I'm looking for a running partner for November and December. I say only those months because I leave for Army Basic training at the first of January. I run at about a 9-10 min pace but I've honestly never ran over 5k. Sometimes my brother runs with me but he usually doesn't run more than 2 miles. 
         Long story short, I need a partner to run with a couple times week for about two months. I live on the North west side of Oklahoma city, within one mile of Lake Hefner. I don't mind someone who runs a little slower or a little faster than me. Distance is more important than speed and speed is something I need to work on so either way is good for me.
  • Tue, November 01, 2011 12:32 PM
    Reply # 739376 on 738915
    Deleted user
    David Ward wrote:     I'm new to running and, of course, new to Landrunners. I'm looking for a running partner for November and December. I say only those months because I leave for Army Basic training at the first of January. I run at about a 9-10 min pace but I've honestly never ran over 5k. Sometimes my brother runs with me but he usually doesn't run more than 2 miles. 
         Long story short, I need a partner to run with a couple times week for about two months. I live on the North west side of Oklahoma city, within one mile of Lake Hefner. I don't mind someone who runs a little slower or a little faster than me. Distance is more important than speed and speed is something I need to work on so either way is good for me.

    I run at Hefner once or twice a week if you ever want to join - usually Sundays. I'm training for the Route 66 Half but after that I'll be taking it easy for a while before getting up there in distance again. I usually go anywhere from 6-10 miles. Just FB me if you want to meet up sometime. I keep about a 10min/mile pace, sometimes a little faster or slower depending on the distance and workout type.

 
Follow us on Facebook





Copyright - Oklahoma City Running Club - The Landrunners

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software